This section of the Wisconsin Highways website is devoted to the introduction, overview, and historical background of the various highway and route systems in Wisconsin. In depth information on specific highways, routes and other detailed information can be found in the various other sections of the website, accessible from the drop-down menus across the top of each page. This section, however, contains:
- Introduction – a brief overview and introduction to the state trunk highway system.
- Highway Systems – outlining the various types of highways and routes in the state.
- STH? CTH? Highway? Help! – describing terms used and defining just what they mean.
- Wisconsin's Interstates – an overview of the Interstate Highway Syste in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin's Route Markers – Wisconsin has been posting signs along its many routes since 1917 and this page gives an idea of the different types, shapes and colors of route markers across the state.
- Master List: 1917–Present – a comprehensive, one (very long) page listing of every state trunk highway designation ever used in the State of Wisconsin from 1917 to today.
- Trunk Highway System Map – an overview map of the Wisconsin state trunk highway system—click on any route to jump right to its listing on the site.
- Historical Overview – a one-page overview of some of the history associated with highways in Wisconsin.
- Maps – a page from which many of the maps on the website are listed.
- Photos – similar to the Maps page, the Photos page links to many of the photo pages on the site.
- Related Links – no site is complete without the ubiquitous Related Links page!